BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello fellow riders i just got back from a long ride and used my garmin navagation 11 gps. the gps worked fine but the problem i had that when i hit big bumps the gps came out of the mounting bracket and was hanging there by the electric connector.i went to a store and got rubber bands to hold it better that did the job but when i got home i dont see how i could tighten the slide down bracket. anyone have suggestions i would appreciate them thanks ivan

·
Registered
712 Posts
I'm not sure what GPS you are talking about. If you mean the BMW Navigator II, III, or Garmin 26x0, 27x0, or 28x0 series then it might be helpful if you tell us what type of mount you have. BMW factory, Garmin motorcycle mount, third party mount, etc. On both my BMW and Garmin mounts it includes a pressure sensitive key that locks the unit in place. Plus a screw to secure the locking mechanism.

If you have the same and it pops out, then your mount or GPS case has been damaged. Some third party mounts, however, are just a press fit and can easily pop out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts