BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went to update my BMW Nav 5 with Garmin Express (using the Garmin supplied cable) and it doesn't recognize that it's connected to my Microsoft Surface laptop. Any others experience this? Any suggestions?

As per Garmin Express I tried a different USB port and a different cable to no avail.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Only thing to try other than a reboot of both devices is to make sure that you are using a USB cable that is data capable. Some of those USB cables will only charge and are not capable of synching up with the NAV data-wise. But it sounds like you are using the right cable if you are using a Garmin cable.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Only thing to try other than a reboot of both devices is to make sure that you are using a USB cable that is data capable. Some of those USB cables will only charge and are not capable of synching up with the NAV data-wise. But it sounds like you are using the right cable if you are using a Garmin cable.
I tried that Will. Perhaps it is an issue with not wanting to interface with my Surface?

·
Premium Member
2,949 Posts
Be sure you connect directly to your laptop and not through a multi port usb device.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,260 Posts
I had an issue with my GS-911 and a new dell laptop with USB 3.0. Driver issues. Had to trick download a driver.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts