BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems if some sort of original OE screen film is peeling off my 660
Any one else had the issue? Any ideas on resolution? Should i just peel the rest off?
Best regards
Paul :wave

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Send it to garmin if under warranty it should not come off and dont peel it off unless you have to.. i have used an iphone screen protector on my older units with the same problem after warranty but they were never the same.
Linton

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Axle said:
Send it to garmin if under warranty it should not come off and dont peel it off unless you have to.. i have used an iphone screen protector on my older units with the same problem after warranty but they were never the same.
Linton
No it is 3 years old now, so no warranty. Will have to put up with and maybe use your idea of a iphone screen protector whenit has all come off, unless someone has a better idea.
Regards
Paul

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,989 Posts
PCH said:
No it is 3 years old now, so no warranty. Will have to put up with and maybe use your idea of a iphone screen protector whenit has all come off, unless someone has a better idea.
Regards
Paul
I would still call Garmin & find out what they will do for your 660. They have fixed or exchanged there product for a good price in the past.

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
I've never heard of such a thing. Are you sure it is the original screen peeling up and not a screen protector film? I'm not aware of any OEM screen film that could peel up.

Regardless, the screen digitizer can be replaced for a few dollars, but you need to be a bit adventurous and willing to open the Zumo up.

Here's a current source on e-bay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-LCD-Screen-Touch-Digitizer-GARMIN-NUVI-Nuvi-650-660-/250815413297

Or here:
http://www.mylcdtouchscreen.com/garmin-nuvi-660-touch-screen-digitizer-glass-replacement_p431.html

Tom

·
Registered
431 Posts
I agree with Saddleman. I had screen peeling on a Nav ll and Garmin exchanged it outside warranty. I actually got a Nav lll with their apologies as they had no Nav ll's in stock!

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Same here my NavII started to peel a couple of months past the three year warrantee,
Garmin replaced it with a complete new unit, which is now also peeling,
I can't complain it's six years old.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts