BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 590LM just started acting up - when you plug it in or turn it on, it cycles from the Garmin opening screen to off, repeatedly. I can't get it to stay on, even after leaving it charging overnight or reinserting the battery. Garmin product support is closed for the weekend, so I can't seek their advice until Monday. Any ideas, or similar issues? Thanks!

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Maybe try hooking it up to your PC, and reloading the software using Garmin Express?
Mine recently stopped showing the correct song that was playing from the SDcard, just got locked onto the same song regardless of what was playing.
It did tell me there was a map update available.
Plugging it in to GE and updating it seemed to reset the operation of everything back to normal.

After all, they are just stupid computers :)

·
Super Moderator
1,410 Posts
My guess - bad battery. Mine acts in a similar manner and battery goes down in minute even when new!!

Call Garmin and start to rant!!

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had called Garmin customer support and they did a complete reboot of the system and it now works fine. The problem with that solution is that all of my saved data (routes, addresses, phone numbers, etc.) were erased... :frown:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts