BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should eventually be moved to appropriate forum, but due to the interest in this unit thought I would post here.

1. My 376C died this morning.
2. Garmin Tech Spt: Cold re-boot, hold <quit> then <power on> for 5 seconds. Cold re-boot did not bring it back to life.
3. Garmin willing to offer expedited service on such a new unit. Allegedly, this is the first failure.
4. Dealer, TVNAV.COM a pleasure to work with: They are sending a new unit, I WILLING TO PAY OVERNIGHT, just the head. I ship the 'head' back ground. No big rush according to them.

I only pass this information along so that in the event it also happens to them, the dealer is as important a part of the service equation as the manufacturer. Both were willing to step up to the plate.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
DaveDragon said:
Were you doing anything when it died?

Any steps that led up to the failure?
Mine arrives today, inquiring minds want to know ;)
Thanks
No Dave, just turning it on. Splash screen flickered a few times then died. Checked fuse with VOM, ok. Brought inside to office and put on external charger. Nada.

I got XM radio as well, and love it.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Some foreign matter, might have been some taurus excretum from hmmmmm, messenger13????

Rgds

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts
I fried the audio in my 2720 (see other posts in GPS forum) and was real pleased with the response of both tvnav and Garmin. I ended up sending it back to Garmin as they offered fast, free turn around but tvnav would have supported me as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts