BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to mount my 276c to my '05 LT. It looks like the RAM mount on the resevoir cover is my only option. Has anyone tried something different?

Benton

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Many options, You could do a ram mount in the unused mirror hole, There are several aftermarket glareshield covers that you could mount it on. Mine is mounted on the res. cover and I love it there. Nice clean install and Its close to me for viewing and touching buttons. I used a ztechnic mount on a ram.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Here are a few photos of how I mounted my 276C directly on the lip of dash.
Used the locking marine mount, Actually only 1/2 of it.

It does NOT obstruct view of instuments or threw windsheild, It's right in the mid section making a VERY CLEAN install.

Scott

Attachments

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
BMR Shelf

bblalock said:
I am trying to mount my 276c to my '05 LT. It looks like the RAM mount on the resevoir cover is my only option. Has anyone tried something different?

Benton
I still think the BMR shelf is the way to go. I will retire my SPIII and install the 376C and the BMR shelf puts the unit at proper level for me. Good luck.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I have an 05 I bought that had a 276C on it. He left the mount base on the cd cover on the glove box. I can't seem to get a photo in here so PM me and I'll send you a shot if you like. What color 05 did you get? Mines Gold.

B

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
I had an '05 Yellow/Gold but had so many problems with it at end of '04 etc. that dealer under direction of BMW replaced it with a brand-new '05 Ocean Blue.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Resevoir cover mount

bblalock said:

Benton
I mounted my 276C to the clutch resevoir. I made my own clutch cover and ball socket for the ram mount because, well, I'm just too cheap to pay for something that I thought I could do myself.

Attachments

·
Registered
448 Posts
BMR shelf

BMR shelf is the way to go. Keeps the GPS unit firmly in place and located directly in front of you so you're not looking down or to one side or the other.

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There are some interesting ways you guys have mounted GPSs. I think I am going to use the BMR shelf. I like the idea that it is right in front plus there is less opportunity for vibrations, potholes since she is soooooo smooth.
Benton
'05 LT Yeller er Gold?
"I ride.....the bike doesn't"

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
In Case You Didn't See This . . .

Click Here

This should bring you to the simple install of the furnished marine bracket on the BMR shelf . . . no holes drilled. Looks kinda silly with the SPIII but gonna leave it that way for a while.

Good luck

·
Registered
269 Posts
Garmin 276c mount

I mounted using the 05 stock mount and part of the boat mount supplied with the 276c

Attachments

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well project is finished. Dealer did the GPS wiring up thru the map light. I installed the BMR shelf per the instructions. I took the two small bolts out of the RAM handlebar mount I already had and mounted the marine mount on the shelf. Works great and looks nice. Audio goes thru the VOICE II unit.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts