BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I would share this with everyone. :wave

Yesterday I was thinking about purchasing a Map update for a streetpilot. (Nav II/III) So I created an account on the Garmin web site and browsed to the link to order the Map update. Since I was really only looking to see what the price would be ( $49 ) I decided not to buy it at that time.

Surprise, today I get an email from Garmin saying they noticed I did not complete my purchase. The email had a 10% off coupon for Maps or accessories good until March 31st. :)

So if you want/need new maps, drill into the order process but don't pull the trigger, you might get an offer the next day.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
With new units coming down in price, and Google Maps being FREE ... they better do better than 10%. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
messenger13_ver2 said:
With new units coming down in price, and Google Maps being FREE ... they better do better than 10%. ;)
Joe,

Is there a way to load google maps on a Garmin, never heard of that. :confused:

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
johnbaker15 said:
Joe,

Is there a way to load google maps on a Garmin, never heard of that. :confused:
no, Joe is saying there is an alternative to Garmin GPS hardware and Garmin maps. If Garmin is to survive they need to offer less costly units and maps or a better service.

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mwnahas said:
no, Joe is saying there is an alternative to Garmin GPS hardware and Garmin maps. If Garmin is to survive they need to offer less costly units and maps or a better service.
+1 on that Michael..

BTW; I got a second 10% discount offer. I don't know if it is somehow tied to my Garmin Id but I have no use for two. It's good until March 31st so if someone needs a code it free for the asking.

·
Premium Member
2,949 Posts
Just purchased a refurb from Tiger Direct (as all of my GPS's have been) and got FREE LIFETIME MAPS.

I often travel to Toronto and Montreal on business and need the NA group.

After receiving the package I down-loaded the updates and away I go or went or . . .

Before I would have to purchase updates (which I didn't) because the cost of new maps were more or equal to a refurb'd GPS.

The units always look new and and were probably returned because granny couldn't figure out how to use them.

Use it on the bike as well with a shower cap and pony tail elastic if it starts to sputter.

1 G145-0408 RB Garmin 1350LMT Nuvi GPS - 4.3" Touch Screen Display, Lifetime Traffic, Lifetime Maps, Voice Prompts, Lane Assist, ecoRoute, North American Maps (Refurbished)
MPN: 010-00782-2E

INVOICED TOTAL
Net Product: $99.99
Sales Tax: $.00
Shipping & Handling: $3.80
Total Shipment: $103.79

The lane assist is really great when in unfamiliar locations with tres beaucoup traffic.

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
Some times, most often? refurb units function perfectly and look as if they are brand new, at least the three refurb 665s I got from Garmin did. Unfortunately all three of them did NOT function properly. The problems didn't surface until the units were used for a while, the last unit worked fine until I went above 50mph at which point the blue tooth to my headphones stopped.

During last December I bought a refurb Garmin auto unit with life time maps. Everything seems to work fine except it seems as if it needs a new battery since it does not seem to run on battery for more than 45-60 minuted.

I've always wondered if there is a way to transfer a map from one Zumo to another?

Best from Tucson
Bob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts