BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Cooler on the east coast!!!
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remodeled my garage and had an epoxy floor coating put down. It is awesome but I do not want to damage it with my kickstand. I am currently using a rubber backed piece of carpet. I would like to get a motorcycle mat. I have looked on-line and found some. Has anyone had any experience with these and would they hold up to the weight and kickstand of the LT.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,561 Posts
I have a rubber floor in the garage and things seem to smash it down and it takes afew days for it to spring back.......
For my RT I used a carbon fibre sidestand pad and I believe this will do a fine job of protecting your epooxy floor.........spreads the load.
Got it from Aerostitch, as I recall ...comes with a tether and "remove before flight" banner............works great on warm asphalt parking lots also....

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
I have garage carpet laid in my garage. has a rubber backing and is very dense. I've replaced mine once and there were no signs fo damage from the center or side stands from either of my bikes. You can get it at Home Depot by the foot. It's 12 feet wide so 3-4 feet would give you a nice landing strip for the bike without obscuring the nice floor.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
At my sons previous employment, they gave him an entrance mat from the front door. He brought it to me and have been using it for a couple of years now and it works well. I use the leaf blower to clean it about once a month!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Here is an option for a rubber mat. Go to your nearest auto salvage yard and ask if they have a used rubber bed mat for a pickup. They are only about $80 new, so a used one should be 1/2 price or less. If you only want something to put some thing under the side or center stand you could get just the tailgate mat. Whatever you get, you can cut it with a utility knife to the size you need. These are very tough, cord reinforced rubber and won't slip as you drive onto them. A bedmat for a long (8") box pickup will be required for a full length drive on mat. Good luck on your search.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Another option, I went to a local weight/exercise equipment supplier where they sold rubberized flooring for gyms. They had pallets of seconds which were 4x6 ¾ inch thick. The cost was 20 dollars each. This might be a solution for your application. Good luck.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Recycle/salavage business

You can also try a salvage business and look for old conveyor belt rubber. I have a 2' X 1' X 1/4" piece that I center below my center stand. Next to it I use an old throw rug. The center stand rests on the rubber and the old rug takes the slight touch of the center stand lever. If the rug is not there you will find small marks from the lever left on the concrete. Rug is necessary if you have a nice painted floor.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts