BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this subject has been addressed B4 but I'd like an update since new stuff is available. I note that there are some systems that use the light switch to trigger garage doors open/close. Has anyone installed one of the these kits and would recommend them? If so, what do you have and how hard was it to install?

TIA,

Bob Wood
2009 RT

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
My GDO install took about 5 minutes... matching pair of Velcro hook and loop and a GDO remote. stuck it on the side of the inner left fairing right there where the small speaker hole is... I dont have the audio system.

Works great.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Velcroed mine inside of the storage compartment/Glove box. IN the upper left corner. Extrememly easy to reach and lockable.

Still plenty of room for a Mini-Mag , Paperwork, glasses case and what ever else you can stuff in there.

Only issue is I must remeber to on lock at on last leg of any ride before I get homme or I have to turn off the bike, unlock the Glove box and restart the bike. The flaser would be nice!

·
Registered
545 Posts
Very small remote, split ring attached it to the motorcycle key. Mine's a triple - opens each of three garage doors. About the same size as the key fob that comes with many cars these days. Doesn't get much cheaper and easier than that. Guess if it looked like I'd be in the rain, I'd pop it off and put it in my pocket.

Best, John

·
Registered
560 Posts
I just bought an extra opener and put it in the map case of my tank bag. No problemo.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have the "homelink" garage door opener. They have a model that is weather resistant, I drilled a hole in the black inner fairing above where the radio button panel is. You can program 3 different openers(good for work and home). It has it's own battery, which I've changed once in 4 years.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Same as Atomicman, I velcro'd inside the glove box in my RT. I it's been there for a year without falling off, which surprised me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts