BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope that title makes a little bit of sense. My 05 LT does not have a comm system in it, just the standard radio/CD. Does anyone know if the plate or gap filler that is in place of the comm system can be removed to allow for more room in the glove box or oddments box or what ever its called? Before I take everything apart thought I would ask here first. I know it would not open up a lot of room, but it looks like it would give you a bit more for paperwork, cell phone etc. Depending on what is left with plate removed, may have to build a box in order to keep stuff from falling down into the back behind the CD player, but shouldn't be too hard??? maybe

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Yes it can. There was a thread that someone took it out to add another gadget. I foget the details.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool, that's all I needed, more or less. Just need to get into it now and take it out and wall it off to make a box if that is what's needed.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the link to the photos. That looks pretty cool. Gonna have to find time to do it now. Of course this project would have been best done several weeks ago while winter was still raging. I'm sure I'll get things torn apart and be interrupted with a ruckus from the yard and will go look only to find spring has sprung and I should be riding, not digging into the bike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts