BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It seems at the last outing, the Tiger Mart in Tiger, GA for Tiger Burgers was the subject of discussion for the next RTE. So, we'll make it for Feb 10, 11:30 to ????. Quote from johnrehder and gruvis "Best burgers in the state". (I guess we'll see about that one.) ;)

So since John and Greg are the only ones that know where this place is, I suggest one of them be the ride master for this little escapade. Meet at the Shoney's west side off GA-400 at Exit 14, at say 9:30 or so. Then run around the North Georgia mountains if ya want after lunch. Tentative route attached, but GPS dudes can lead.

So who's in?

1 & 2 - Steve and Connie Rowe

Attachments

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
If we attend it will be a last minute decision

with all the stars aligned and the co-operation of the two big W's
Wife and Weather

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
3 & 4(?) Gilda & Jay Slomka (depends on weather)

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We'd be glad to have ya' Hans. But you got a long way to go to get here. :eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
617 Posts
If newbies can crash this party, Jan and Al Strickland would love to join you...

·
Registered
426 Posts
Farmers

We checked the Farmers Almanac (didn't you) and it's supposed to snow in GA. that day. A good GA boy should know to check the FA. Will the spiked tires they use in ice racing clear the suspension.

If there is no ice on the road we may show.

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's what cars and RVs are for. :D We had several car attenders on the outing in January. We don't care how you come.

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A thought, make one and then you won't be newbies anymore. :thumb: I'll add you to the list.

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Here's the list

5 & 6 - Al and Jan Strickland
7 & 8(?) - Greg and Honeybunny(?)

·
Registered
617 Posts
We are looking forward to meeting everyone!!!! :dance:

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Count me in; Honeybunny maybe.

On my trips to Tiger I usually go up US19 to SR115. Take that East to Cleveland, then 17/75 North to US 76, and finally US 76 East to Tiger. I don't remember the last few turns as I'm usually following the GPS. Now that's around 2 1/2 hours at least.

I think we can shave about half an hour by taking a more direct route from Cleveland to Tiger.

If that's still too much we can navigate to US23 and take that North. Mapquest says thats around 1 1/2 hours. But that around 50 not too exciting miles going up US23.

I'll post another update after I've done some research.

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm all for the Long Way Around. Hey that sounds like a good title for a movie! :rotf:

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
Steve_R said:
It seems at the last outing, the Tiger Mart in Tiger, GA for Tiger Burgers was the subject of discussion for the next RTE. So, we'll make it for Feb 10, 11:30 to ????. Quote from johnrehder and gruvis "Best burgers in the state". (I guess we'll see about that one.) ;)

So since John and Greg are the only ones that know where this place is, I suggest one of them be the ride master for this little escapade. Meet at the Shoney's west side off GA-400 at Exit 4, at say 9:30 or so. Then run around the North Georgia mountains if ya want after lunch. Tentative route attached, but GPS dudes can lead.

So who's in?

Watch the weather up here!! and take the back roads into tiger much nicer scenery. we have had ice a couuple times now and they gravel everything in site when that happens

you are better off heading right up 400 to 115 through cleveland then choose any route from there to tiger (particlularly back roads) it is much nicer riding and less traffic by a long shot you will make better time and have a better time
Tom

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
SilverBuffalo said:
If we attend it will be a last minute decision

with all the stars aligned and the co-operation of the two big W's

Wife and Weather

it is just a hop skip and a jump to Dahlonega from your place, if we are here you are welcome to stay here if not there are plenty of hotels and you will enjoy the area.

Tom
(BTW still have not got the reverser on the bike!)

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
Steve_R said:

So since John and Greg are the only ones that know where this place is, I suggest one of them be the ride master for this little escapade. Meet at the Shoney's west side off GA-400 at Exit 4, at say 9:30 or so. Then run around the North Georgia mountains if ya want after lunch. Tentative route attached, but GPS dudes can lead.

So who's in?

We will give it a shot Steve. I think we may be here!

·
Registered
66 Posts
The meeting sounds great. I should have my bike by then. I'll need to check with Rick Mayer though. My seat production is February 7th. If I need to I may come in my cage to meet. Isn't that exit 14 in Cumming, not exit 4? :bmw:

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
I'm out

Bike has new shoes and she is ready to ride! Going to BMW Atlanta this morning to pick up a couple of misc screws etc. Then celebrate my birthday today!

9 John Rehder- Change of plans - buying a mustang GT! Have fun guys!

[QUOTE =Steve_R]It seems at the last outing, the Tiger Mart in Tiger, GA for Tiger Burgers was the subject of discussion for the next RTE. So, we'll make it for Feb 10, 11:30 to ????. Quote from johnrehder and gruvis "Best burgers in the state". (I guess we'll see about that one.) ;)

So who's in?

[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You're right, Exit 14 it is. Original post fixed. :) BTW, you going to bring a SO with you?

·
Registered
617 Posts
Happy birthday John. I loot forward to meeting you on the 10th....

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Re: Best Burger at Tiger?

Well, IMHO it comes down to two places, Tiger is one of them. The other is Turner's Corner and I can't decide which is best. But if there is not snow or ice on the ground, I highly suspect that Cindy and I will be there.

For those of the unique shopping mind, there are some fairly nice shops just up the road in Clayton. If riding is your thing, the there is Lake Rabun Rd which will lead you back west, highly senic and extremely curvy.

Now Tiger is off the main highway, on OLD Highway 441. If you come up 441 there used to be a sign pointing the road to Tiger. With all the construction I can't say for sure if it is still there, it was last summer.

With that, the count is rising, so join in and have a super burger made FRESH.

9 & 10 - John and Cindy (weather dependent)

tcars

1 - 20 of 53 Posts