BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The code under the seat of the bike is N19. This is not the paint code for the 2008 Adventurin Silver GT. It's the "style code" which identifies the package for the bike. The BMW paint code is S-58. If your body shop cannot find the formula, I have it and will send it to you. The code is patented by the paint company and has Proprietary Property warnings all over it, so I don't think I can publicly post the paint brand, but here is the formula to make 8 oz of paint.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
Hmm, I would think having the recipe for a highly proprietary paint formula posted in a public forum would piss them off more than having their brand exposed. But hey, that's just me. :D

·
Registered
65 Posts
DavidTaylor said:
Hmm, I would think having the recipe for a highly proprietary paint formula posted in a public forum would piss them off more than having their brand exposed. But hey, that's just me. :D
FWIW - in my industry (automotive collision repair) if you have a paint color code then you can get a formula...........and it could be from ANY of the 5 (or so) major paint manufactures that supply the factories, and VOILA !! you have paint. :D

Years ago I tried to get a formula for a Yamaha FJ1100 (my roomie laid his down) and I was able to get everything but the info on the pearl toner. As there were only about a dozen pearl toners out at the time all you had to do was look at the bottle and pick the right color. ;)

If you have a good paint jobber in town (with current manufacturer support) then NOTHING is impossible........except for the mess we are currently in with the new "environmentally friendly" waterbased toners......:rolleyes: ...DAMHIK

that's my tuppence

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Turkus said:
FWIW - in my industry (automotive collision repair) if you have a paint color code then you can get a formula...........and it could be from ANY of the 5 (or so) major paint manufactures that supply the factories, and VOILA !! you have paint. :D

Years ago I tried to get a formula for a Yamaha FJ1100 (my roomie laid his down) and I was able to get everything but the info on the pearl toner. As there were only about a dozen pearl toners out at the time all you had to do was look at the bottle and pick the right color. ;)

If you have a good paint jobber in town (with current manufacturer support) then NOTHING is impossible........except for the mess we are currently in with the new "environmentally friendly" waterbased toners......:rolleyes: ...DAMHIK

that's my tuppence
That's what I thought, so I didn't think it was a big deal. The important things is that the code under the seat is not the paint code but the style code. The paint code for Adventurin Silver is S-58, not N19 as posted under the seat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts