BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed an HID low beam a month or so back, it's like having a little star mounted to the front of the bike, absolutely great. Recently, I took advantage of the Fuzeblock group buy, and I took advantage of recent price cuts to buy and Autocom system for the bike.

So I have all this stuff, and I want to know what the best way to connect it all is.

1. I do not have a relay for the HID. Does the relay in the Fuzeblock suffice to serve that purpose if I wire the headlight that way, or should I get a separate relay for the HID?

2. Can I wire the Autocom through the Fuzeblock without issues?

3. What wire should I tap for the Fuzeblock? I have a 2003 LT.

I'm kind of stupid with respect to figure out how to set it all up, but once I have the clear path, then I will proceed with my usual over-engineered installation. :rolleyes:

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,253 Posts
Jerry,

The HID does not need a relay as it actually draws less current than the stock bulb.

The autocom will work just fine on the fuseblock, infact I just installed one (bought on the group buy) after five years with out one. It sure made a good clean up of all the goodies I have wired in.

The best place to get the switched power is from the seat heater connector on the rear seat (easier to get to than the front) green/brown wire.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I'm going to install the Fuzeblock this weekend, and I'll see if I can run down the wire you're talking about.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I got the switched power from the front heated seat.

jzeiler said:
Jerry,

The HID does not need a relay as it actually draws less current than the stock bulb.

The autocom will work just fine on the fuseblock, infact I just installed one (bought on the group buy) after five years with out one. It sure made a good clean up of all the goodies I have wired in.

The best place to get the switched power is from the seat heater connector on the rear seat (easier to get to than the front) green/brown wire.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,253 Posts
Either will work I just thought the rear was easier to get to.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I installed Centech AP1 with the Centech AP-170R 70A Relay Wiring Kit mounted it on top of the battery works very well

jsb said:
I installed an HID low beam a month or so back, it's like having a little star mounted to the front of the bike, absolutely great. Recently, I took advantage of the Fuzeblock group buy, and I took advantage of recent price cuts to buy and Autocom system for the bike.

So I have all this stuff, and I want to know what the best way to connect it all is.

1. I do not have a relay for the HID. Does the relay in the Fuzeblock suffice to serve that purpose if I wire the headlight that way, or should I get a separate relay for the HID?

2. Can I wire the Autocom through the Fuzeblock without issues?

3. What wire should I tap for the Fuzeblock? I have a 2003 LT.

I'm kind of stupid with respect to figure out how to set it all up, but once I have the clear path, then I will proceed with my usual over-engineered installation. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
4,883 Posts
I'm gonna do mine as soon as it warms up a little. I think I have 6 items wired directly to the battery. Looking forward to getting all the plastic off and cleaning up the mess.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dandiver said:
I'm gonna do mine as soon as it warms up a little. I think I have 6 items wired directly to the battery. Looking forward to getting all the plastic off and cleaning up the mess.
I'm not waiting for the warmup. I'm gonna chop up some of the old furniture in the garage and start a fire and work on it this weekend. It's not supposed to be this cold in Texas! :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts