BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a real newbie question...Be gentle here folks!! Where does the fuse go thats provided in my extensive 08 LT tool kit!! I being facetious here!! ;)
Do these go out often? Should I have more than 1!!
Thanks,
MRod

·
Registered
748 Posts
Lift up your drivers seat and there are 3 fuse boxes there. Ii would at least carry 1 of each of those sizes.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have had the 7.5 amp to the radio go twice already! Carry extras now:)

·
Registered
408 Posts
The 10 amp fuse blew on my fuel pump in the middle of nowhere. I installed a second one and it went also!!! (A 15 amp got me going)

Carry several of each size- they are cheap!!!

·
Registered
507 Posts
j7mikae7 said:
Where does the fuse go thats provided in my extensive 08 LT tool kit!! I being facetious here!! ;)
I put my fuse with the other two fuses that I got in my equally pathetic '07 "tool pouch".

·
Registered
712 Posts
I put my fuses back in the bag along with some spares I bought, but then bought a few tools from Sears to fill it out. Then I added a set of allen wrenches, a multi-tip screwdriver with allen head, torx, phillips, and flat tips. Plus a pair of pliars, side cutters, and a 3/8" rachet and a few sockets. And it still all fits in the bag.

Of course, the first time I saw the tool kit for my '06 I thought someone had kept the contents or someone had raided it for parts. Didn't realize the later models had such a pathetic tool kit. I based mine on the '03 tool kit in the parts fiche.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all for the replys...I'll see what I need and buy three of each!!!...I'll also add the tools "ala carte" to fill my tool pouch. (Thanks Arthur!) I can't see paying $175.00 for a BMW tool kit. Unless there's a special tool there I should have...
MRod

·
Registered
712 Posts
Well just as an FYI, Sears has a set of combination wrenches that I bought. What's nice about them is that they are all open wrenches, but have staggered sizes. Like 6 ~ 8 on one, 7 ~ 9, and goes all the way up to 19 mm. Cuts the number of wrenches to carry in half. I paid about $25 for the set and have a lifetime warrenty.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I put some extra fuses and this list in a zip lock baggy stuffed under the seat along side the 3 fuse boxes. Somebody posted this list a while back, that made me go look for the fuses as I hadn't needed to replace any as of yet.

Good Luck !

Bill

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts