BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a shout out to my short term riding buddy. I was the day-glo rider on the plain silver LT that came up behind you on I-95 just south of D.C. on Monday night. It was great to ride with another quiet bike for a short while until I peeled off onto I-495 north and you continued on into D.C. on 395. I should have stayed with you, since there was a 40 minute stoppage of traffic in the construction on 495 at 12:00am of all times! I dumped onto the Dulles toll road and went through Leesburg to get to Rte. 15.

I just wanted to say that your bike looked really nice. I may need to do some of that backend farkling for visibility. When I was behind you and each time we passed a couple of roadside police cars, you lit up like a fire truck.....I wasn't sure if you were just tapping the brake or if you were part of the crew. Either way, it got my attention.

I wished that I knew where you were heading that night. If you were making a path to PA I would have rode with you up the GW parkway and all the way to Gettysburg. I'm going shopping for some LED's and a comm device when my family gets settled into our new home here in Queensbury, NY. Ride safe....I'll know it's you, if I ever see you on the road again.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Yes, it was a good ride. :wave I was just on my way to work in DC. Usually, it's just me and the cages.

Great to hear that my little additions got your attention, just hope the same is true for the cages as well.

FYI, the rear farkles are 2x16 LEDs on the bottom and 2x8 LEDs up top by Hyper Lites; Skene Design's P3s by the license plate; 180 LED Integratorz Premium by Radiantz; and a BackOFF XP brake light signal module on stock LED bar. And if that wasn't enough, I also added a jumper wire to the center stock incandescent light to activate the brake light as well.

It's just me, I want to be visible.

Ride safe.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts