BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99' that doesn't have the disconnects coming off the fuel tank. I am curious if anyone has used aftermarket quick disconnects of any kind. Stupid winter tear down is going to get expensive.

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,458 Posts
Jabrown said:
I have a 99' that doesn't have the disconnects coming off the fuel tank. I am curious if anyone has used aftermarket quick disconnects of any kind. Stupid winter tear down is going to get expensive.
See my reply in your other thread about "threatened to sell"

·
Registered
408 Posts
I replaced the stock plastic ones on my '06 with chrome plated brass shutoff QD's from www.omega.ca (www.omega.com in USA)

(2) FT-LCD220-05
(2) FT-LCD170-05

Attachments

·
Registered
120 Posts
Quick Disconnects

Many BMW LT riders have used the Jiffy Tite All metal quick disconnects for this application.

Avialable from www.racerpartswholesale.com (also a forum sponsor/vendor).

Click on the Motorcycle division in the upper right corner of the opening page and gp to the Quick Disconnect tab. You can call and ask for Jack--he also rides a BMW and has talked to a lot of LT riders about these disconnects.

Full disclosure--I own RPW and also ride a LT!

Tom Volk

·
Registered
439 Posts
Used these

I have replaced mine with 2x 5478K81 and 2x 5478K121 from www.mcmaster.com

I also ordered a bag of o rings to replace each time I have the tank off(lost part number) also from Mcmaster.

Both those part numbers have shut off valves in both ends.

working like a champ.
u

·
Registered
748 Posts
I'm getting ready to do my 24k service on my '99. Is it true that no '99s have the quick disconnects?

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,458 Posts
RiderRay said:
I'm getting ready to do my 24k service on my '99. Is it true that no '99s have the quick disconnects?
Ray - as stock OEM, I've never heard of a '99 LT having QDs. Lots have been added aftermarket tho. That might also be true of some of the other BMW lines of scoots, butt not sure about that.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi,
Beemerboneyard (a supporting vendor also) sells a complete kit for the LT with CPC chrome plated brass fittings, stainless steel internal valving to stop flow when disconnected and Viton fuel resistant O-rings. Kit also includes 4 fuel injection rated hose clamps and a spare pair of replacement Viton O-rings: http://www.beemerboneyard.com/cpcqkdiscon.html .
Full disclosure as well, I am the owner of BByard. Normally I'd put this in the vendor section but looks like other vendors are posting and linking here so I guess it is OK?
Hope this helps, thanks.
Mike

·
Registered
1,681 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,615 Posts
dmatson said:
I used the ones from www.racerpartswholesale.com and really like them. I run them opposite ways so not to confuse myself also!
I see they sell both straight and 90 degree versions. It appears yours are the straight version and they appear to fit well. Any problems installing them with the stock fuel lines? Did you use the stock lines?

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Stock fuel lines have been used in all the upgrades that I know of.

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
Jabrown said:
My 2000 did not have disconnects. I replaced 'em with some BMW plastic ones, and then later replaced those with metal ones after I heard reports of the BMW ones failing.

I got my metal ones from BeemerBoneYard. Nice kit and good solid disconnects.
No relationship with the BoneYard except in my experience they ship quick, communicate well, are easy to do business with. I have purchased service kits, the disconnects from them.

Yeah, highly recommend BeemerBoneYard.

·
Registered
550 Posts
I did my 2000 LT today with metal quick connects, and also replaced the lines-both ends look a bit old (103,000) and while I was in there thought it a good idea. I used hose from a local parts place-BMW said that they did not have those lines listed as 'BMW' parts-found that hard to believe, but 5 minutes away or couple hours ride, there was no choice. Hardest part-getting all the tupperware and tank off. The connects were minutes!

dave

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
dmatson said:
I used the ones from www.racerpartswholesale.com and really like them. I run them opposite ways so not to confuse myself also!
I like those crimp clamps. Are the fittings barbed, or do they each have one ridge (?) towards the end?

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
I put those on along time ago but I think they had just the ridge on the end.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts