BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am installing the stringray and have got nearly all the wires reconnected, with the exception of the fuel sensor wire to the top of the tank . I have a long, two-pronged wire that is brown/green that am not sure where it attaches, but it is not fitting in the sensor connector.

Does anyone know where the fuel sensor wire begins so that I could track where it is? It has been a couple of months when I began tearing the bike down but I do think I remember that their was a wire to that connector.

Thanks and Happy New Year,

James

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I found the wire. Apparently, I had buried it back down in front of the tank upon removal and did not pull it out after installing the tank. Now I get to fish the little booger through an opening over to the connector location. If that doesn't work, I'll get some more practice with taking off the tank cover and tank. Hooray!!

Ride safe,

James

·
Registered
269 Posts
beemer100 said:
It has been a couple of months when I began tearing the bike down but I do think I remember that their was a wire to that connector.
Couple of months down?? OK, be honest...

How many screws are you missing or have extra??? :D

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sensor Wire

Schweintechnik said:
Couple of months down?? OK, be honest...

How many screws are you missing or have extra??? :D
HeHeHehe. None so far, but am not done yet ; )

Yes, it has been a fun and exciting adventure. I did make sure to label and put the screws into separate baggies, and took a few pictures along the way.

By the way, I was able to get a hold of the wire with a piece of string and did not have to take the tank back off. Instead of "fish- on", it was "connector- on".

·
Registered
269 Posts
beemer100 said:
I did make sure to label and put the screws into separate baggies, and took a few pictures along the way.
I've never gone so far as to bag screws - usually I lay them out on a blanket with the corresponding part or screw them back into the threaded hole they came from. But then again, about half the time I come up plus or minus one screw.

The PO of my bike must have had the same technique - the first time I pulled tupperware, I noticed the right lower seat subframe bolt was missing.

So good for you - good thing you have the patience to bag & tag!

·
Registered
749 Posts
I use masking tape to tape them suckers next to the hole they go into.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts