BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sent e-mail to IRON HORSE in Tucson looking for metallic quick disconnect
parts. The parts guy called me and said only the male half brakes and new metal parts are $18 plus. Made by the same company that made the oem parts.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Don't have the info at my finger tips, but a search on this site should show info on QD's. I know Tom Sperry posted info some years ago that remains current.

bob

ps Iron Horse and most other M/C dealerships will not have info on aftermarket QD's and other items. They sell parts supplied by the mfgr and this is not one of them.

·
Registered
79 Posts
A&S BMW Motorcycles have a metal quick disconnect that has a shutoff in both sides. Just do a search on their site for fuel disconnects. They are not cheap but sounds like what we need. I am going to order them before I need to get into the right side again. A&S is a site sponsor so check at the bottom of home page for them. Don

·
BMW Guru
8,469 Posts
donscoin said:
A&S BMW Motorcycles have a metal quick disconnect that has a shutoff in both sides. Just do a search on their site for fuel disconnects. They are not cheap but sounds like what we need. I am going to order them before I need to get into the right side again. A&S is a site sponsor so check at the bottom of home page for them. Don

http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32304

·
Premium Member
1,414 Posts
See Ron's post #12 on this thread. That's what I went with. Very good quality.

Jer

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fuel Line Quick Disconnect

Iron Horse in Tucson has the male half of the QD in chrome plated brass. $18.50. The parts guy said the female part of that QD is not prone to failure.

·
Registered
120 Posts
www.racerpartswholesale.com

Jiffy tite all metal fittings

Lots of LT users on this site for these fittings.

Full disclosure: I own RPW (and ride a LT.)

RPW is a site sponsor!

Call or email people at RPW--they know exactly which parts you need.

Tom Volk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts