BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had to replace one? Any idea how much one is and is it a dealer only item?
Thanks,
D.Kinsey
2000 K1200LT

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
I think $250

If I remember correctly, the price is about $250. The dealer had it in stock. My developed a large noise level, that appears to have been due to fuel starving because the "bag" screen below the fuel pump was clogged with "sand". cleaning the bag greatly reduced the noise, but I replaced the pump anyway since I was not sure if any damage had occurred.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. Have mine out tonight and its not running on the bench. I had to replace a fuel pump on a GSXR1000 a while back and it was @ 800.00 and hoping this one wont be as bad. Hope the 250.00# is good. I will find out in the A.M. Thanks.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Alt fuel Pump

Try a NAPA P74095 for a Mustang 4 cylinder w/FI. The www.IMWR.org web site shows this as a replacement for the k1100 pump. I would be surprised if BMW changed the pump between the k11 and k12.

Chuck Swenson

·
Registered
308 Posts
The list price for the pump only is $219 and, as far as I know, it's dealer only.

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
The dealer had quoted $550 to do the job. I am assuming you will do it yourself. The tank gets removed to change the air filter, so once you are to that point, this is a 10 minute job. Be sure to replace the hose clamps in the tank that connect the pump and gas filter.

·
Premium Member
1,575 Posts
BkrK12 said:
The list price for the pump only is $219 and, as far as I know, it's dealer only.
I've got a good used one for half that.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the responses. 220.00 later and it fired right up. I was really sweating that one. Did all clamps and filters while I was there. Thanks again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts