BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished getting my ride back together. Took it apart for a sticking brake light relay and fixed some leaks, replaced fuel hoses, new injector orings, intake orings, breather hose assembly and a few other issues. When I re-connected the battery the fuel pump started with the ignition off and will not shut off. Any ideas??? Can not imagine what the problem could be. Pretty much impossible to connect anything backwards.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Possible fuel relay stuck, I think that is the normal for this type of problem that I have seen on the board.
Take a look at message below yours, might be some info from same problem.

Good luck

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fixed my fuel pump woes. Actually it was stupidity. I'm the first to admit when I do a dumb thing and this was definitely the dumbest thing I've done in a long time. Anyway I almost answered my problem in my original post. It is possible to miss wire ... this plug anyway. When taking the tank off again I noticed the wires were different colors. Turns out there is an extra plug in the harness there. For another accessory outlet I presume which is always live. I never noticed it before. The correct plug was inches away. All is fine now. Purring like a kitten with 80,000 miles on it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts