BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was a good thing I played preppie last night. I need to go to the book store and decided to take the bike, so I just put on a pair of shoes (was already dressed). I soon felt a spay on my right ankle like the road was wet. I stopped to check it out, and found that it was gas.

Upon retuning home I removed the tupperware and found a spary of gas coming from the fuel line quick disconnect. When I touched the assemble it broke in two.

The gods were smiling on me ,in that I was able to find the part even though there is not BMW dealer within 100 miles. I should have the bike up and running tonight.

My questions has anyone ever heard or seen of this problem? If so is it just a fluke or is it more then meets the eye? I am not sure exactly what this assemlby does but will assume by the name it is use to disconnect the fuel line coming from the tank to the engine.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
found some answers

Found a number of good answers and information at the end of my thread. Nice to know these things.

I think i will be getting the metal ones this year just to be on the safe side.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Welcome aboard, how about filling in some information about yourself so we can figure out whether you are a stud awggie or stu the dawg :D

Glad you took the time to search as you have found this is not particularly uncommon.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts