BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered quick connects and received a pair of 90 degree and a pair of straight one..

I don't have the bike apart yet since I waiting for other parts I've ordered, but the fiche show all the ones on the bike to be straight.

Anyone know if the 90s will work or do I need to send these back for a replacement.??? :confused: .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cfell said:
Should have male/female connectors.. how do the ones you have match up with the 90's?? Where did you order them from?
I recieved a pair of males and a pair of females. The females are 90.

Ordered them from Racer Parts
 

·
Registered
1999 LTC
Joined
·
14,456 Posts
gaghai said:
I recieved a pair of males and a pair of females. The females are 90.

Ordered them from Racer Parts
You want straights. That area where the QDs are installed is pretty limited of space, and the fuel lines are pretty rigid, so I don't think you'd have room to rig up 90 degree portion. Plus, there are already some pretty tight bends in the fuel lines right there.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,795 Posts
Dick said:
You want straights. That area where the QDs are installed is pretty limited of space, and the fuel lines are pretty rigid, so I don't think you'd have room to rig up 90 degree portion. Plus, there are already some pretty tight bends in the fuel lines right there.

Yup.. might have pulled from the wrong bin.. I haven't changed mine out yet.

Dick is correct. The "straight" ones are the only way to go.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you .. I'll call them in the morning .. and get them exchanged.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
493 Posts
gaghai said:
I ordered quick connects and received a pair of 90 degree and a pair of straight one..

I don't have the bike apart yet since I waiting for other parts I've ordered, but the fiche show all the ones on the bike to be straight.

Anyone know if the 90s will work or do I need to send these back for a replacement.??? :confused: .
When I ordered mine, I searched some previous posts. Some of those posts listed part numbers that translated to 90DEG fittings. I had to change the part numbers to get the straight fittings. Sorry, don't have time to look up the reference posts but there are some 90DEG part numbers in some of those threads. Check the Jiffy-Tite Catalog from the racer parts website for part number descriptions.
BTW - Mine work great. I used the same screw type hose clamps I put on the fuel filter from the dealer. Space is really tight and those clamps have some sharp edges. In hindsight, I would put on the crimp type clamps to have a cleaner installation and I don't foresee any reason to remove these fittings. They are great and its nice not to have to worry about changing the orings again. Worth the money for me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
408 Posts
I used the same hose with no problem. Will be OK as long as you don't damage the hose when removing the plastic QD's. (They can be very tight to pull out)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I actually didn't have the part number on me when I called ... I gave them my year and make and told them what I needed... it may be that they have the wrong part listed in their system :confused:

I'll have to call them in the morning .... I called after work and their hours are 9-5 EST so I left a message.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top