BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In trying to replace my air filter, I decide to take the short cut and not remove the fuel lines. Well, I ended breaking one of the quick disconnects.

The bike came with them, so, not sure where I can find a replacement. Mine are plastic with a silver release button that says "CPC" on it.

Any thoughts where I can get one? I only need one side.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Your BMW dealer should carry them. If you want to go the more durable route, you can buy brass QD's from a company I've seen referenced in other posts. I believe the company is Small Parts. Seems like website is smallparts.com. HTH

·
Registered
712 Posts
A&S Cycles also carries the metal version of the stock plastic ones (from what I can tell). I just bought two sets to add QD to my RT.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,143 Posts
McMaster Carr carries them in white acetal plastic. They had them in stock in the Atlanta warehouse when I ordered them last year. But I recently bought these from MSC Direct:

88080445 5/16"SHUTOFF HOSE BARB LCD CPLING BODY IN-LINE 2 24.8100 $49.62

88080486 5/16"HOSE BARB SHUTOFF LCD CPLING INSERT IN-LINE 2 15.30 $30.60

They are the plated brass duplicate of the stock plastic ones.

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,172 Posts
jzeiler said:
McMaster Carr carries them in white acetal plastic. They had them in stock in the Atlanta warehouse when I ordered them last year. But I recently bought these from MSC Direct:

88080445 5/16"SHUTOFF HOSE BARB LCD CPLING BODY IN-LINE 2 24.8100 $49.62

88080486 5/16"HOSE BARB SHUTOFF LCD CPLING INSERT IN-LINE 2 15.30 $30.60

They are the plated brass duplicate of the stock plastic ones.
I got those and love them.
Erik, you will also need the rubber seals. PM me with your mailing address and I'll mail you some. I had to buy a bag of 100, and although I gave quite a few away I still have plenty so share.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Only one side of the quick disconnect is broken (male side). Do you think I will need to replace both the male and female connectors?

Also, do I need to remove tank to do this. Does not seem to have much room for install.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
13,451 Posts
ehaughn said:
Only one side of the quick disconnect is broken (male side). Do you think I will need to replace both the male and female connectors?

Also, do I need to remove tank to do this. Does not seem to have much room for install.

Thanks again.
Replace all four. The plastic gets brittle, breaks and since one has already gone, best do them all.

No the tank doesn't have to be removed.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
120 Posts
www.racerpartswholesale.com

Go to the Jiffy Tite page or click on the Motorcycle division

All metal quick disconnects. Lots of LT users.

Call 317-639-0340 and ask for the exact part numbers for the LT. Same day shippment.

Disclosure:

I own RPW and ride a LT.
(we are also a Forum sponsor)

Tom Volk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts