BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a 2002 K1200LT on OfferUp "Not Running". This bikes last registration was in 2016. Would start briefly using starting fluid so I thought I could tackle this job. I have replaced everything under the fuel pump cap including soldering new wires. Replaced the fuel regulator, cleaned the tank and got the bike running. I took the bike on its first ride to the corner and back but before I could pull in back into the garage it died. I figured since I only had a couple of quarts of fuel in the tank it ran out of fuel so I just pushed it in the garage. The next day I put all the body panels back on and tossed a gallon or so in the tank. I went to start it and no-go. I checked the fuel pump again and found that 1 of my solder joints failed, (not much left of the connectors coming through the fuel pump assembly due to corrosion). Resoldered and reinstalled and tested - OK, pump is pumping. I have a spare QD that I ran a hose into a fuel container to check for flow.
Still no start. I have been trying to get a hold of a fuel schrader valve that I can tee off of the fuel line to connect my fuel pressure tester but can't seem to find one. Anyone know where I can get one? I'm getting reading to either 3D print one or drill a pipe tee and tap it for this (2003-2010 Ford Diesel Engine 6.0L Powerstroke Fuel Pressure Test Fitting Adapter ) I bought on Amazon.
Coin Nickel Household hardware Currency Money

I am waiting on this piece to see if I can get the schrader valve attached.
Metal Auto part Font Rectangle Jewellery

Thanks,
Guy

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
If you decide you would like a new fuel pump and hoses for the 20 year old bike here is the place to purchase what you need.

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts