BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any body know if i can add fuel injector cleaner to LT's gas tank? it may got more gas mileage after clean up.

·
Registered
12,165 Posts
jac said:
any body know if i can add fuel injector cleaner to LT's gas tank? it may got more gas mileage after clean up.
Yes. Always a good idea to occasionally do that for any fuel injected engine.

Use about half a bottle to a full tank. I did that about every 30,000 miles or so. (that was annually for me).

·
Registered
820 Posts
Toyota in Australia sell some very groovy fuel injection cleaner.
just be warned that if you fill yer tank with the stuff you go for a *LONG* ride and burn as much of the fuel in the tank as possible up and refuel.
i have heard some nasty stories of injection cleaner doing damage to fuel lines/systems after prolonged periods of sitting still.
works well in all sorts of fuel injected engines

·
Registered
321 Posts
In the auto industry there are several proven injector cleaners. Of course the BG 44k is one of them. Also the Justice Brothers (JB) professional injector cleaner, 3M black label fuel system cleaner. Wynns also makes one but it is hard to find it retail. These are used by many of the shops and work great for cleaning the deposits from the injector tips and valves. If you pay $2-$3 a bottle you will get little results IMHO.

·
Registered
749 Posts
I have had excellent results with the Lucas product and Red Line SI-1 synthetic fuel injector cleaner, made by the same company that makes Red Line synthetic oil.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts