BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the engine lowered and about to proceed with a R/R of the clutch. I do not want to revisit this area again. Will off the roll fuel line work or do I need to use the preformed fuel hoses. $120 :-(

Also going to replace the breather hose but its way to expensive! Anyone come up with an alternative? $71 :-(

After looking up all the parts and tallying the cost I need to start thinking of ways to cut some corners with satisfactory results.

Ideas???

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,119 Posts
I have (not on the LT) used regular FI grade hose in place of form fit but I always inserted a SS spring inside the line where there were sharp bends so it does not kink.

One of the guys (might be dbwelder?) put together a fix for this breather hose. May want to search for it. Not sure if was cheaper but it was bullet proof.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Motomadman said:
I have the engine lowered and about to proceed with a R/R of the clutch. I do not want to revisit this area again. Will off the roll fuel line work or do I need to use the preformed fuel hoses. $120 :-(

Also going to replace the breather hose but its way to expensive! Anyone come up with an alternative? $71 :-(

After looking up all the parts and tallying the cost I need to start thinking of ways to cut some corners with satisfactory results.

Ideas???
I replaced my fuel lines with off the roll fuel injection line. I did have to make a couple of the loops a little bigger. But like you, I didn't want to pay the price for the pre- formed ones.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
John,
Great idea using the spring to keep the line from kinking. Now what started this whole mess is a brake line up front started to leak, which lead to a closer inspection of the bike after tupperware removal. Bought the Spiegler brake line kit for a complete install. Your brake bleed video will come in handy again. thanks again for your help....

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,119 Posts
Craig,

Here is a tip I left out of the flush video. For the bleed of newly installed lines to the calipers, let the pump do the work. Run a long piece of tubing from the far caliper port back to the reservoir and pump away until the bubbles are gone. The control circuits you will have to do the old fashioned way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts