BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know off hand how much fuel is left in the tank when the needle touches the white part of the gauge?
And how much when touching the red.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Not sure how much is left when the needle gets to the two zones but you can program when you want the warning light to come on.

One thing I can tell you for certain is that when the warning light comes on don't try to ride it back and forth to work over the next 3 days. It will ALMOST make it home on the third day. DAMHIK

I hate having to stop at the gas station. I don't mind paying for it I just hate the inconvenience! I would pay someone to stop by my place 3 times a week to top off my vehicles so I wouldn't have to futz around with the pumps!

Loren

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
wa1200lt said:
Not sure how much is left when the needle gets to the two zones but you can program when you want the warning light to come on.

One thing I can tell you for certain is that when the warning light comes on don't try to ride it back and forth to work over the next 3 days. It will ALMOST make it home on the third day. DAMHIK

I hate having to stop at the gas station. I don't mind paying for it I just hate the inconvenience! I would pay someone to stop by my place 3 times a week to top off my vehicles so I wouldn't have to futz around with the pumps!

Loren
Well Loren, you could always move down here to Oregon, where they have attendants who do all the pumping for you!

Personally, I prefer to pump my own for consistancy on the fill-ups.

John

·
Registered
577 Posts
My 05 low fuel light comes on when the BC says 40-42 miles to empty. when the three bars show up I begin to get concerned. Have not run out of fuel yet but have refilled with 6.0 to 6.2 US gallons on several occasions. I average 48-50 MPG and .4 of a gallon should get about 20 miles safely. I also hate the oil spills and stuff at most filling stations and have considered a fuel cell to reduce the number of refills needed. I'm looking at www.tourtank.com for, it looks like a quality product.

·
Registered
698 Posts
My 06 is the same as Toby...only in Canada it's about 4 ltrs.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,909 Posts
tobiwan said:
My 05 low fuel light comes on when the BC says 40-42 miles to empty. when the three bars show up I begin to get concerned. Have not run out of fuel yet but have refilled with 6.0 to 6.2 US gallons on several occasions.
I can attest to the fact that you cannot sucessfully pass all the way through Shreveport , LA on the I-20 if you hit the bars before the city limits.

If you put 6.2 gallons in you were out of gas as capacity is 6.21 gallons.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts