BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AT ALL..... I have just been using the trip od and getting fuel at 180.... I did however check the wires going to the tank and there is voltage.... though I don't remember what it was.... any thoughts? :confused:

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Sounds like its time for a canisterectomy!! If the wiring to the sender/sensor are ok ,then your gauge sender tube might be bent. canister gets clogged, tank colapses bends sender tube.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sperra said:
Sounds like its time for a canisterectomy!! If the wiring to the sender/sensor are ok ,then your gauge sender tube might be bent. canister gets clogged, tank colapses bends sender tube.
Well, a little more detail... the wiring harness fried... I repaired everything and routed the fuel filter outside while at it.....
So you're thinking it isn't electrical but physical .... as in the months the tank sat off the bike, the sending unit/ tube thingy got stuck.....
I could see that.
So are you suggesting that I remove the tank and..... replace the sending unit.
I haven't checked .... can this be done from the outside of the tank.... possibly while on the bike.... like I said, I haven't checked.

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
No need to remove the tank. sender unit is held in with six allen head bolts. disco the wire connection take out bolts and slide the sender up and out. on mine I just reshaped the tube ,that contains the float sender, so that the float would slide freely up and down . put it back together and all is well. good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts