BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
I'm looking for a part number or source to get a replacement fuel flap retainer thingy, mine was missing when I got my bike. The hook is there as part of the fuel door flap but whatever goes in that rectangular hole on the fairing portion is missing. So the hook doesn't hook into anything. If you could help me find a part number I'd be grateful.
:serious:

Over 60mph the fuel flap starts flapping and flying around. LOL

·
Registered
54 Posts
I don't know the part number, but I recall it was ~$60 at the Fort Worth BMW dealer. I used adhesive backed Velcro, cut to fit the outer edge of the fuel door and along the fairing lip. Been through some torrential rains and approx 10,000 miles and still holding.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Righto... good idea, I think I have some velcro lying around. :)

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,545 Posts
Here is another source for the latch from Allied Electronics Southco Fasteners - E4-10-201-10-RS - TOUCH LATCH

Listed here for $9.10. And you get both parts. Allied list it for $6.62 but has not stock for 10 days.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok. I found a microfiche and it is shown as part #13 but no closeup drawing.

I stuck a bit of velcro on mine... see if it holds up. :) Thanks fer the part tip tho.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hi..
Personally i wouldn't waste my money on a new latch. Take a look at my solution, it might be something you would consider. Y
http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/k1200lt/70047-fuel-door-latch-went-into-my-tank-dang.html

I completely removed my latch because i just didn't like the way the fuel door closed. I wasn't level with the rest of the fairing.. My OCD just wouldn't accept it.
The fix? (And only cost about 5 bucks) Well I don't use the key for the fuel cap therefore i screwed a strong magnet (round one from Harbor freight) on top of the cap.. Then glued a piece of metal the the plastic door, and voila. The door closes and stays closed an any speed, and is very flush with the rest of the fairing.
You can see the pictures if you go to the original post on the link.

·
Registered
3 Posts
That latch is made by Southco part number 10-201-10
Great Lakes Skippers sell it as 'TrackerMarine 171165 Boat Door Latch' (greatlakesskipper.com)

Fit like a charm for less than $3

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts