BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a salvage bike with an intact fuel flap, black? Mine cracked and I've tried to repair it with plastic fix, but, it's broken again and again...a new one is $52. at max bmw...I may try to fix it a few more times for that money, but, I'd rather replace it. Oh, I have a 2000 K1200LT. Thanks for the attention. Larry

·
Registered
517 Posts
Larry, From my current 'RealOEM BMW Parts' website, I get that part #46632307931 at $40.60. I am about 90 miles NE of Tallahassee and get my BMW parts from Matrixx Motorsports and usually get a little off the listed. Unless Max has an update that I don't, they are adding a little to their cost.

But here is what I'd do... call around in your area and find an automotive shop that has a plastic welder, and have them weld the broken place where you've been gluing. Sand it and shoot it with good quality auto paint and I don't think it'll break there again.

I have had several pieces to my '99 LT done that way. In fact they have closed up a hole that was about the diameter of a quarter and about 1.5" long and you can't tell it was ever cut. Charged me $20 to plastic weld it, sand, prime and paint it.

Good luck

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well...thanks, that's a good idea. I'll look into it and see what's available around here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts