BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those that have not removed the fuel canister, I say go ahead and do it. This weekend I filled up with premium gas. After a few miles down the road I started noticing that when feathering the throttle the bike would start missing, as long as I would accelerate it ran fine.

I thought that I had got some bad gas which did not make since, because when accelerating it would not miss. Thanks to this site I remembered the canister getting full, even though I always made certain not to over fill the tank.

Sure enough when I took the gas cap off there was a loud suction, I knew what was wrong. I caught it in time and did not damage the fuel level gauge, all seems fine now.

My bike is a 03 with 33,000 miles on the clock.

·
Premium Member
4,883 Posts
Easy fix

Removing the canister is one of the easiest things you can do to prevent future problems. All information with pictures are on this site. Takes about 30 minutes and you'll have a little extra storage space. Some install an air pump in the space. You'll never have to wary about an overfill again. Just a stuck fuel pump! Ask me how I know!!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts