BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
salane972 said:
Does anyone know where I can find a Ft. Worth or similar rack for my LT (black or chrome) besides K1200LTRack.com? Thanks!
I also have an interest in a Ft. Worth rack but can't even find a picture of one. A web search turns up nothing for me. Are they actually called something else?

·
Registered
659 Posts
salane972 said:
Does anyone know where I can find a Ft. Worth or similar rack for my LT (black or chrome) besides K1200LTRack.com? Thanks!
Funny you should ask. I have one for sale in primo condition that I used occasionally on my 2003 LT. It doesn't have the grab rail, but never saw much use for the grab rail anyway. PM me if interested...I have a couple photos. Significant difference in handling of the bike with that heavy topcase off...and I always liked the look.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Drop a message to Matthew (CochinoSucio) as he was looking at fabricating these.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I Dont suppose anyone still has one of these for sale? :wave
I like the Ft Worth rack, but $300 is what I would rather spend on 2 tires, so I made one for less than $30. Bought a 24"x12" pice of black extruded alum. from Lowes, cut to fit, used some stainless 1.5" spacers and bolts to mount. Also fabricated a small angle to help with support underneath. Is it as nice looking or precision cut as the other rack ? No, but it is functional and suits me fine. Good luck on finding a used on, or spend 300, or make one !!!!

Attachments

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
15,072 Posts
You should go into production and call it the Royse City rack.:rotf: Looks great!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts