BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a Ft. Worth rack with grab handles for sale? If so, please send a PM. Thank you.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the tip. I bought Deputy's Ft. Worth rack.

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
Does this rack go by another name? even when I google it I see only links back to this MB

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,969 Posts
I have the LT rack made in California. I can't remember the name of the place that made them.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Humm. Not what I expected:(. I've seen many racks but sadly none had handles :grin:

·
Premium Member
730 Posts
I have a Fort Worth rack without grab handles I would sell. I did put a back rest on it--one I purchased from Best Rest Products. If you are interested message me.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Thanks for the tip. I bought Deputy's Ft. Worth rack.
Your check arrived today, and we both use the same bank so will try to get it out in the morning or Friday.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The Ft. Worth Rack with grab handles is now back on the market. My wife won't get on the bike without a backrest or the top case. I'm not going to constantly take the top case on/off the bike. Nor am I interested in trying to fashion a back rest to the Ft. Worth rack. So the rack is for sale. Send a PM if interested. $220, including shipping.

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,969 Posts
I have racks on both of my LT's & install the top case over them with longer screws. I don't hook up the top case wiring & can remove it in a couple of minutes.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Saddleman: That's a simple solution. Thank you.

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,969 Posts
My racks are not the Fort Worth racks but are like them. I cut the tabs for the lower liner of the top case off so all I have to do is remove the strap screw to remove the liner. Then remove the 4 screws & the case is off.

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts