BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those with the Ft. Worth rack:
What tools are required to install the rack? 5mm hex wrench? Anything else? And does the rack come with its own mounting screws?

I’ll be picking one up in a couple weeks, and I would like to have the tools with me to do the installation on the spot.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,883 Posts
Where did you get it?

Did you get a new one? I'm looking for one ........

Removing the top case one is quite easy. Remove the screw holding the cable that holds on the top winder. Liner is then easily pried out with a thin screw driver along the inside of the latch area. Velcro piece also holds it in place along the side. Four screws on the bottom of the case after you remove the liner insert. (the instructions came quickly as I just did it) Feel free to call if needed. 813 267 8181

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dandiver said:
Did you get a new one? I'm looking for one ........

Removing the top case one is quite easy. Remove the screw holding the cable that holds on the top winder. Liner is then easily pried out with a thin screw driver along the inside of the latch area. Velcro piece also holds it in place along the side. Four screws on the bottom of the case after you remove the liner insert. (the instructions came quickly as I just did it) Feel free to call if needed. 813 267 8181
Thanks, Dano. But I had no trouble taking the top case off, that job is done.
I have an order into A&S for a new rack. I'm planning on riding over there in the next couple weeks to pick it up. No sense in hauling the whole box and packaging back to Napa. I'll do the install in the lot and ride away.

BTW, good choice on the '02 Tuscany Green. Must be that "great minds" thing again.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RaffyK said:
yes 5mm allen key or T handle. The kit should come with 4 screws and 4 spacers. Remove top case and install the rack where the original top case screws would have been. If you have the top case moved back, you can decide if you want the rack in the back position or forward position.
10-4, Raffy. Thanks!
I'm still thinking about what (if anything) I will do to add a third brake light, and/or flashing brake light(s) while riding sans top case.

·
Premium Member
4,883 Posts
thanks

tlash said:
Thanks, Dano. But I had no trouble taking the top case off, that job is done.
I have an order into A&S for a new rack. I'm planning on riding over there in the next couple weeks to pick it up. No sense in hauling the whole box and packaging back to Napa. I'll do the install in the lot and ride away.

BTW, good choice on the '02 Tuscany Green. Must be that "great minds" thing again.
Thanks for the information on A & S. Looks like a great site for parts and accessories. Not too many GREEN ones around. Hardly ever see one like mine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts