BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a picture of the Ft Worth Luggage Rack installed on an LT, and the price?

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Richard (ldpenguin) has one on his 04. Stayed with him at CCR this year. I haven't been able to get a hold of him. Don't know if has made the switch over to the new site.

His Fort Worth rack looks good.

·
Registered
84 Posts
The one on eBay has been coated in black. Does anyone know where to get a new one in chrome? The Ft. Worth dealer is no longer a BMW dealer and doesn't list parts on his website. Thanks.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I keep my rack on pretty much all the time, unless doing distance with the wife on board -- then the backrest feature of the trunk is essential. I think the rack looks better than the trunk, and it removes some of the top-heaviness of the LT. Got mine from A&S cycle.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
401 Posts
Ft Worth Bracket

I'm interested for $150

·
Registered
134 Posts
Fort Worth Rack

I've been looking at the FW Rack. Once it is on the bike how difficult is to reinstall the stock top box for two up riding? I ride 2-up about 25% of the time. If it is a pain to reinstall the top box I might have to rethink the idea of a Fort Worth rack.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
The box comes off or on in about ten mins once you do it a few times. I love mine and the bike handles so much better and looks better to.

If you put the rack in the rear position it lines up with the rear of the bike

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey guys,

I have one of these Ft. Worth racks like new, sold my LT and never put it on the bike. It looks great, let me know if you want to buy it.

Thanks,
Perry
435-640-8216

·
Registered
112 Posts
I know this is an old thread but was wondering where I could find a rack or something suitable to replace the box. Didn't use to be a problem but as I age, I find I am kicking the top box more and more. Who knew long legs would be a problem?

Thanks

Geoff

1 - 20 of 20 Posts