BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I found, on this site, a professional video demonstrating riding onto a lift into a Harbour Freight chock.

It looks easy, safe and secure.

Any other contenders for front wheel chocks?

I will be mounting the chock on the Harbour Freight 1,000 lb lift.

After a lot of scanning the net, and didn't find any current mention of a coupon. So I bought a coupon on eBay so that the lift prices is $299.

Best from Gorham ME
Bob

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have the Harbour Freight 1,000 lb lift and the HF chock. The Bavarian Broad is a fat girl so I place a 2X6 on blocks down each side of the lift and small car ramps that are next to the lift ramp. The ramp portion of the on/off process is the most precarious if you don't have something wider than the lift to stand on.
The HF chock will not hold the LT by itself (don't ask how I know, but it involves a new crankcase cover and lower right tuppereare and a huge puddle of oil on the ground). I generally drive up into the chock and put down the sidestand (if you don't, bad things happen when you move exactly 6 feet away). I then strap the forks forward into the chocks and complete my tie-down of the rest of the bike. I drilled many extra holes down each side of the lift for hooking ratchet straps.
You need to have a very light touch when you lower the lift with the bike onboard.

Good Luck,

John

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I have the HF lift. I decided against the chock since you can't put the bike on the centerstand with it. I like riding up to the stop plate, put side stand down, dismount, then put bike on centerstand, then clamp front wheel. I also have two 3/8 eye bolts mounted on the back for safety straps.YMMV

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
This is what I use. The lift has an adjustable VISE which the front wheel runs into. No jerking the HF wheel into and out of contact :cool:

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts