BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just removed the front wheel for the first time (new owner, not new bike) for a tire change and the bearing cover fell out before I had a chance to see in which direction it was oriented. There is a sort of circular protrusion on one side and a corresponding indentation on the other. The wheel is at the shop for the tire swap, so I can't check to see how it fits better on the wheel, and the diagram in the service manual doesn't show the cover well enough for me to be sure. I'd like to know which side is which so I can immediately reassemble when I get the wheel/tire back from the shop. Thanks all. Great group by the way. It's as good as the Honda PC800 group (IPCRC) I just came from.
Bartman

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
bartman49 said:
I just removed the front wheel for the first time (new owner, not new bike) for a tire change and the bearing cover fell out before I had a chance to see in which direction it was oriented. There is a sort of circular protrusion on one side and a corresponding indentation on the other.
Bartman
You mean this?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess that's it. I should have observed more carefully when I disassembled. I'm talking about part 3 on page 36.5 of the service manual. Thanks for that picture. It will help me decide which way to put it back together. I can always put the axle, bearing cover and spacer together for a trial fit before actually putting the wheel back on.
Bartman

1 - 3 of 3 Posts