BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What will fit in the front. I have already ordered 5.25's for the rear. If they are the same size..... Dohhh!
Chuck

·
Registered
330 Posts
Greetings Chuck.

You're spot on. Front and rear LT speakers are precisely 5.25 inches in diameter. Ensure however, you purchase speakers with the same ohm rating too OK! 4 ohms for the LT I believe. Someone correct me if I'm wrong please.

Good luck and kindest regards Chuck

Paul Harrington
AU

E: [email protected]

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
You might want to make sure that they are waterproof too. If not, then you'll have trouble on your first wet ride.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Many thanks. I will purchase another pair of the 5.25's. I appreciate the help. I have not had the pleasure of taking off the tupperware on the front yet. It should be fun. Yes, I have purchased the appropriate adult beverages in preparation for the event.
Chuck

·
Registered
330 Posts
Greetings again Chuck.

I forgot to mention, most modern speakers these days have polypropelyne cones in them. Effectively making them quite waterproof. However, that being the case, don't go out of your way to direct the hose onto the speakers grills on your LT. Don't temp fate will you.

Good luck and kindest regards

Paul Harrington
AU

E: [email protected]

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
My local car audio guy recommneds a pair of Memphis Audio 5.25s with a moveable tweeter cone. you can direct the tweeter towards you, if you need.

About $80.

Randy

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks

Thanks for the help everybody. I have a second set of 5.25's on the way. I appreciate the help.
Keep the shiny side up!
Chuck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts