BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I did a really dumb thing. I had the side cases off and I disconnected the seat release cable. I bolted up everything and the front seat went down and locked into position and now I have no way to unlock the front seat. Rear seat is bolted down so no access there. I don't know what to do. Any way of unlocking the front seat without using the cable?

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
Okay I did a really dumb thing. I had the side cases off and I disconnected the seat release cable. I bolted up everything and the front seat went down and locked into position and now I have no way to unlock the front seat. Rear seat is bolted down so no access there. I don't know what to do. Any way of unlocking the front seat without using the cable?
The seat pan is plastic so you might be able to just flex the back forward enough to release the latch. I can. You may also be able to get a long screwdriver or flat piece of metal and force it back to release it. I just went out and did both. Don't tear your seat up though with sharp metal edges. You should be able to see the latch between the front and back seat. Work from there.

Reactions: Chad Albrecht

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a back rest installed. will I still be able to lift the back part of the front seat and get to the latch? I was able to remove the right side plastic right below the front seat. Will that help?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got it!!! My initial problem was that I wasn't sure where the latch caught onto the seat. I happen to have an old front seat and I saw that the latch hooks onto the very back of the front seat. So I did what you suggested and pride the seat apart and saw the latching mechanism and easily using a medium-length pry bar move the latch back and the seat popped up. Thanks very much for the advice.

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
Got it!!! My initial problem was that I wasn't sure where the latch caught onto the seat. I happen to have an old front seat and I saw that the latch hooks onto the very back of the front seat. So I did what you suggested and pride the seat apart and saw the latching mechanism and easily using a medium-length pry bar move the latch back and the seat popped up. Thanks very much for the advice.
Glad you got it. I have a back rest also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts