BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Beautiful day out here in Ohio so I took advantage of it and went for a ride only to notice at a traffic light, the front brake handle kept slowly creeping back to the grip. Subsequent stops resulted in the same response although the handle is creeping tward the grip a bit faster now.

Limped it home. Fluid right where it should be in the sight glass and no fluid on the ground leads me to believe that my front master cylinder is going. Does BMW or anybody in the aftermarket make a rebuild kit for that? What are my options here?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Family_fun said:
Beautiful day out here in Ohio so I took advantage of it and went for a ride only to notice at a traffic light, the front brake handle kept slowly creeping back to the grip. Subsequent stops resulted in the same response although the handle is creeping tward the grip a bit faster now.

Limped it home. Fluid right where it should be in the sight glass and no fluid on the ground leads me to believe that my front master cylinder is going. Does BMW or anybody in the aftermarket make a rebuild kit for that? What are my options here?
G'day John,
The LT service manual details how the front master cylinder can be dismantled to replace the piston/seal...which is "all good". Haven't noticed any emails on this site regarding being bale to find a supplier/cost though..."all bad" :)

cheers

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PhillWard said:
G'day John,
The LT service manual details how the front master cylinder can be dismantled to replace the piston/seal...which is "all good". Haven't noticed any emails on this site regarding being bale to find a supplier/cost though..."all bad" :)

cheers
G'day Phill, I did find a supplier in Beemer Boneyard at substantial savings. But after a thurough review of the bike I did finally find a leak, at the tee where the brake line branches off to the front calipers. After doing some reading, it turns out to be a common problem to spring a leak there. I have the Speiglers in a box as I had replaced a split rear line earlier. Looks like no more procrastinating, time to finish that job!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts