BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 LT. Front fairing screws are all out and it is loose all the way around, except for the top in the middle. What am I missing to get the front fairing off? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
544 Posts
It's a pain the first time you do it. Take off the light, and there are two screws that have to come off-if I remember, one is a Philips? At any rate, that should be it. Be careful when you do remove it to not pull too hard on the headlight adjuster. Hope this gives you the answer.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I have a 2000 LT. Front fairing screws are all out and it is loose all the way around, except for the top in the middle. What am I missing to get the front fairing off? Thanks in advance!
You need to remove the map light over the instrument panel. There is one lone screw behind it. Easier said than done, but don't drop it....might never see it again.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
That is the screw not needed :D
+1

On the 4 LTs I have owned, I never reinstalled the screw behind the map light. For that matter, I never reinstalled the map light, either. I have always used a Co-Pilot shelf and used the opening to route cables for the various cables used by accessories mounted on that shelf.

Reactions: C-A-D
1 - 6 of 6 Posts