BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just mounted 2-piaa-1100x lights up front under the front cowl using the bracket supplied, these lights hit the front bumper when pulling of the kickstand or hitting a bump in the road...any ideas on what the fix is, there is not much room up there to relocate them...matthew

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,158 Posts
You probably did not get the mounting brackets from Raffy?:confused:

·
Registered
438 Posts
zippy_gg said:
You probably did not get the mounting brackets from Raffy?:confused:
That was my thought too. I had Piaa 004's mounted on Ezy-Mounts under the nose of my LT (and now my GW). Never 'touched" on either bike.

regards

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Unless you have a 2005 model AND it is changed, the bumper are not supose to hit the lights it it's property mounted.
I have it on my 2002 and it never got hit. Are you using the right support for the lights?
Can you send us a picture?

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Light Contact

Who's bracket are you using for the lights, and/or who did you purchase it from ?

Jim

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lites

I purchased the bike with them already installed, the bracket is thin and has two small mounting screws that align up with the factory hole in the front fairing tupperware-- the bracket has a small offset or bend that contours the fairing where it mounts, this mount had original 1100x lights. I changed them to P1000c piaa driving lites and they are alittle widder than the originals, I got my part numbers crossed on my original post,--sorry--...matthew

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Light Body Size

roadcrave said:
I purchased the bike with them already installed, the bracket is thin and has two small mounting screws that align up with the factory hole in the front fairing tupperware-- the bracket has a small offset or bend that contours the fairing where it mounts, this mount had original 1100x lights. I changed them to P1000c piaa driving lites and they are alittle widder than the originals, I got my part numbers crossed on my original post,--sorry--...matthew
That is why you are having problems, sound like my Ezy Bracket, should be able to see an Ezy Mount Stamp visible on the right side bracket, anyway that bracket was only designed for use with PIAA 1100PX or 004XT lights. The P-1000 light bodies are way too big ... for my bracket design, to be used in that confined area...

Jim

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Your probably right, Im going to do more investigating, first to see if there is any probable riskes were they are mounted, now it seems as they just touch the front fender but Im not certain if I can live with it or if during heavy breaking there may be issues as far as, first safety and handling or possible fender or light damage....matthew

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
They must not be mounted correctly. I've had PIAA 1100x lights on Ezy-mounts on all 3 of my LTs and never had a problem with them hitting anything. Here's a shot of my 05 with them mounted -

http://www.davidkari.com/Finished_Front.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts