BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm in rush hour traffic riding home from work today & the front brake lever went all the way to the handle bar. It had worked fine at the traffic light just before I got on the interstate. There are no leaks & the brake fluid is full. Time to rebuild the master brake cylinder. 12 year old bike with 194,000 miles on it so no complaints from me.

My other LT is 16 years old & has 125,000 miles on it & I'll be rebuilding that front brake master cylinder as well. I don't rely on the back brakes much but I do rely on my front brakes working all the time especially when I ride in the mountains.

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
So I'm in rush hour traffic riding home from work today & the front brake lever went all the way to the handle bar. It had worked fine at the traffic light just before I got on the interstate. There are no leaks & the brake fluid is full. Time to rebuild the master brake cylinder. 12 year old bike with 194,000 miles on it so no complaints from me.

My other LT is 16 years old & has 125,000 miles on it & I'll be rebuilding that front brake master cylinder as well. I don't rely on the back brakes much but I do rely on my front brakes working all the time especially when I ride in the mountains.
I wonder how much of that is repetitious squeezing and how much is age. My 2001 with 56K on it and 15 years. Sounds like a winter project for me. :)

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Beemerboneyard sells the rebuild kit.
Looks like they are out of stock and it is a Magura part so likely no more from them. $40 more from Max.

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
I have one rebuild kit in stock.
I expect you will be using that plus, I am having no issues with mine yet. I will get one from Max over the winter after Christmas is done. Just another preemptive issue to keep her going.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts