BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to let you all know how I stopped my front and rear brakes from making the insane squealing when they are applied. It is so simple.

Go to WalMart look in the stationary dept that's where I usually find them. Some stores will differ. Look for the little 1X1 inch two sided sticky things made by 3M for holding light weight objects to the wall or on your desk. Usually there are 8 or so in a small package.

Cut one of them in half... Take the two little screws out of the little piece of tin that holds the shoes in place on your front brakes... All you need is half of one of those sticky pads stuck right in the center of the tin so that when you screw the tin back on it makes contact with the shoes... noise stopped. Its like a dampener of sorts

Oh ya leave the paper on one side of the square. It will not stick to the shoe and a little WD-40 will remove it from the tin when you change the pads next time.

It worked for me. Give it a try... you own a BMW, 2 bucks wont break ya to find out.

Safe Motoring everyone :bmw:

·
Registered
723 Posts
Innovative solution.
The adhesive will work for a while until the heat breaks it down and the rubbery carrier too.

Have you already tried applying the brake quiet products sold in auto parts store in the same manner as you described with the tape?

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,545 Posts
Never heard a peep out of the fronts in 78K (still on the same pads by the way). Now the rear was different story until I went with the EBC rotor.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dukey33 said:
Innovative solution.
The adhesive will work for a while until the heat breaks it down and the rubbery carrier too.

Have you already tried applying the brake quiet products sold in auto parts store in the same manner as you described with the tape?
Its not the adhesive that stops the noise, it is the foam pad... The adhesive just keeps it in place.

I have not seen a brake quiet product other than what you put on the back of the pads. I didnt have any luck with that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts