BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, now I'm lost. I have ordered THREE front brake lines, to replace a leaker (left caliper line) and every one has had an incorrect fitting The caliper needs a45 degree end, and ALL of the new ones have arrived with a 90 degree end.And no, no one anywhere here will make a brake line. I HAVE checked all over.
Anyone have a used (or new) correct line for a 2000 ABS (Brembo caliper) with a 45 degree end. Bobs, Max, and Pandora Motorsports all have the incorrect lines from BMW. I'll gladly pay the $40. or so, but don't have the cash for a complete Speigler set-up. Anyone ???? :confused:
Jeff "wanna-ride" Wolf.

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
wolfflow said:
Ok, now I'm lost. I have ordered THREE front brake lines, to replace a leaker (left caliper line) and every one has had an incorrect fitting The caliper needs a45 degree end, and ALL of the new ones have arrived with a 90 degree end.And no, no one anywhere here will make a brake line. I HAVE checked all over.
Anyone have a used (or new) correct line for a 2000 ABS (Brembo caliper) with a 45 degree end. Bobs, Max, and Pandora Motorsports all have the incorrect lines from BMW. I'll gladly pay the $40. or so, but don't have the cash for a complete Speigler set-up. Anyone ???? :confused:
Jeff "wanna-ride" Wolf.
Speigler is usually easy to work with. Give them a call, I bet they will sell you just the line you need. I suggest that you replace at least both of the lower lines.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, they told me that they would only sell the lines as a complete kit,because of it being ABS. Hmm......

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,963 Posts
The OEM front lines are 45 degrees. The aftermarket lines are 90 degrees. Both will work just fine. I just finished installing another Spiegler kit (6 lines) and other than a few adjustments on the banjo fittings everything worked out great. The minor adjustment on the double banjo ends is normal.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The 90 degree caliper end will not work. It must be a 45 degree to attach at the caliper. I still don't understand BMW not realizing the error in manufacturing. I may install hard lines at this rate. :crazy:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I need the left (shifter side). I got ANOTHER incorrect one today. :mad:
I am eventually going to get the Speigler set, but with a daughter in nursing school, and a 17 year old son driving, I'm gonna have to wait a little while. You wanna sell yours ? :D
Jeff

1 - 10 of 10 Posts