BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK.. so I am looking at my front brake calipers thinking time to flush the fluid.

I know the first thing to do is start a fluid war by asking who uses what brands and why etc. etc. etc.

Then I thought " been there done that" . :D

So back to looking at the calipers.....

The left side caliper has a regular looking bleeder.

On the right side caliper (looking forward) I have a weird looking cap "thing". What is it? What do I do with it? How do I do what I'm supposed to do with it? :confused:

Any info on how/what/why would be appreciated.

Also, can someone tell me the "size/thread" of the bleeders ? I would like to buy some of those "smart bleeders"

Thanks...
Bill

Attachments

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
You need one of these. Speed Bleeder PN SB1010S 10mm x 10

Attachments

·
Registered
153 Posts
screw the cap "thingie" out of the calipar, replace it with a Speed Bleeder. GOOGLE "Speed Bleeder" and they will tell you which (3) bleeders you will need.

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,175 Posts
KIC said:
So back to looking at the calipers.....

The left side caliper has a regular looking bleeder.

On the right side caliper (looking forward) I have a weird looking cap "thing". What is it? What do I do with it? How do I do what I'm supposed to do with it? :confused:

Any info on how/what/why would be appreciated.

Bill
IIRC this is something used by the factory (or the dealer) during the initial filling of fluid. In any case you don't need to worry about it since you can replace it with a speed bleeder just like the other calipers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts