BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought that I'd start a fresh thread. So, it sounds like we are on and it will be at Brian's place.
821 Dock St.
Tacoma WA
206 819-7020

From Portland that is:
I-5 N North to Seattle - go 139 mi

Take the I-705 N exit 133 to City Center - go 0.2 mi

Bear left onto the ramp to City Center/Tacoma Dome - go 0.5 mi

Merge into I-705 N - go 1.3 mi

Take the exit to Schuster Pkwy. - go 0.2 mi

Bear right at Pacific Ave - go 0.2 mi

Turn right at S 4th St - go 0.1 mi

Bear right at E Dock St - go 0.3 mi

We can provide torque wrenches and ????

Since there is a chance that there will be a need for "buckets" to adjust valves should we try and gather some to bring with us? Mine needed 2 at the 12K service.

Any other thoughts?

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Thanks Art,
I was planning on waiting till monday to get desired buckets from the dealer. But if anybody has some on hand that would be GREAT!!!! Do I need a special feeler guage? It seems I can't find mine anyway.I guess if anyone needs anything special, Now would be the time to say so. I am still waiting on a bunch of parts from Chicago BMW. I may have to make a last minute run to the dealer. Thanks for the help with the address Art. I tried to post a map last night but it did not go well. Once again my Phone # is 206 819-7020 (cell) My address is Foss waterway marina and I'll be at garage # 59 S 4th st is at a traffic light right after passing UNDER some elevated roads. If you pass the grain elevator you have gone to far. 4th goes over the train tracks and turns into dock st. Turn left at the marina sign and right at the office. 2nd right is where you will find #59. They are all labeled so its easy once you get here.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Feeler Guages

Brian, I will bring my Feeler Guages up just in case as well as the Torque Wrenches. And, if I remember, a couple of spare Buckets!

John

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
John,
I guess that means you can make it. Thats great! I have pushed my luck. The Bike has about 31k now and Ive never checked the valves. Hopefully all are good. Thanks for the feeler guage and buckets. Is Ernie going to be able to make it?

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Ed Bruce,
Are you still able to make it? How about some of our friends from the great white north? I know its a bit of a drive, but we would like to have you down for a visit.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Brian..

Saturday at what time? Just trying to time the border. I always get held at US Immigration for at least 1 hour, and it's roughly only 235km from there.

BTW... I aint no genius when it comes to tearing the LT down. I'm there to learn.

Cheers

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Saturday Tech Session??

Ed, sure would love to meet you at the Tech Session, but if you cruise down on Saturday you'll be a day early! The Session was planned for Sunday to my knowledge. I'm sure Brian will chime in shortly with the real day since it is at his place, but if it has switched to Saturday then I will not be able to make it since I am traveling back from Reno that day.

Brian, are you there?

(Heading for work, check back later this evening for the answer.)

John

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Ed,
I think we were planning on Sunday. Anytime after 9am will work. Its quite the haul for you, So anytime you can make it is fine. I make it up to your neck of the woods a couple of times a year. Canadian customs are pleasant to deal with. US customs is a real pita!!!!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Breakfast anyone

No need to do all this thinking on an empty stomach.
The time to meet at Brians is now 9AM or so.
Anyone want to meet for breakfast first.
I'm open to whatever.
Maybe Brian knows of a good place close.
larry

·
IBR# 366
16,570 Posts
Hey, I like to eat. I'm in. Sorry I can't suggest any place, but it's a bit out of my local area. :)

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Actually I do. The dock st tavern has a great breakfast. Its in the big wharehouse looking building right after you cross the train tracks on 4th. Within walking distance to my place.I do not think it opens until 9am though. I have made up some breakfast burrito's for anyone who comes early and hungry. Slightly spicey, But I will make some coffee to wash it down with.

·
IBR# 366
16,570 Posts
Those are good burritos, as I remember. :)

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
sanjaun2 said:
John,
Is Ernie going to be able to make it?
We'll have to see. We will be going Saturday night to the banquet for the RCMC Grand Tour. There is a chance I will be required to work Sunday, so I will be getting back to you on this weekends activities. Thanks for putting together the session and it would ne an honor to be included in this esteemed group of LT riders.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Ernie,
Show up early or late. Whenever you can. If not this time, I'm sure we will see ya next time. Enjoy the banquet.

·
IBR# 366
16,570 Posts
I'm heading up for the tech session, and doing the GT banquet the night before. I haven't yet decided where I'm staying Saturday (near Portland or closer to Tacoma), but I'll figure it out by then.

I'll probably head up on Friday, maybe as an SS1000. That gives me Saturday to recover, or as extra travel time if I just get sick of the ride or the wet (30-90% chance of showers along I-5, increasing as I head north).

It'll be fun regardless. :)

·
Registered
505 Posts
Lost in Vancouver

Any plans for the Portland contingent to group for the ride to Tacoma? Any times, rendezvous, formations, etc?

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Hey Dan, I hope you can make it. I look foward to seeing you again. I ordered the ipod adaptor from crutchfield. I will be the guinea pig for this one. it will not arrive in time for the tech session though.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Portland Group Rendevous?

Hey Art & Dan, where & when you want to meet? Art you know my sense of direction, so pick something easy to find! Or we could probably meet in Vancouver, even Dan's house! I figure we want an early start if we want to be up there by 9. Or is 10 better?

Lets talk!

I'm on lunch break right now, but will check back here this evening, so go ahead and post your thoughts.

John

1 - 20 of 47 Posts