BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The ride from Mineral City to Orrville Oh. yesterday was the best I didn't have even one bug hit my shield.New clutch sure feels good.Jamie the mechanic took care of me and my LT.All the dealers didn't went anything to do with the job by the prices they quoted.I guess that's what happens when your bike is older then a couple of years old.Had the job done for around $1,700 parts and labor.Plus he fixed some other little things when he had it apart.All new seals, slave cylinder, clutch and spring plate.Clutch was just what this 2003 LTc with over 100K needed.I didn't want to trailer her home so I got out the cold weather gear plus a few more layers underneath and beside my feet getting cold from letting them hang down the ride was all good.

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
The ride from Mineral City to Orrville Oh. yesterday was the best I didn't have even one bug hit my shield.New clutch sure feels good.Jamie the mechanic took care of me and my LT.All the dealers didn't went anything to do with the job by the prices they quoted.I guess that's what happens when your bike is older then a couple of years old.Had the job done for around $1,700 parts and labor.Plus he fixed some other little things when he had it apart.All new seals, slave cylinder, clutch and spring plate.Clutch was just what this 2003 LTc with over 100K needed.I didn't want to trailer her home so I got out the cold weather gear plus a few more layers underneath and beside my feet getting cold from letting them hang down the ride was all good.
Nice looking bike there! The dealer is not cheap here either.

·
Registered
The Villages, FL
2,592 Posts
That is a great price to get that all done. The dealer would easily be $2,500 plus.

Reactions: Patric

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
Cool ! well maybe cold:wave ...January riding up there can be fun! We bought a 1986 K100/ EML GT2 sidecar rig one time in St Luis MO. the third week of January, I road it home to Birch Run MI O what fun that ride was.:wave

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
I like it when people make a commitment to keep an old friend on the road. You're ready for many more miles now. That is a very fair price for the work involved.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts