BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it has been discussed before about this, but does anyone know if this includes the installation and what the value of the unit itself would be? This is from the sight:

K 1200 LT
Free BMW VOICE intercom system.
7 691 303: VOICE II

Thanks,
Ken

·
Registered
656 Posts
It includes installation the total cost including the install is around 1400.00 and will require about 4 hours to complete which is how long it took them to do mine.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. Are you sure about the install? I spoke to a couple of dealers and they said it does not include it. Maybe your dealer did it for you and included the labor?
Ken

·
Registered
656 Posts
Well my dealer installed it its a promotional deal from BMW so its supposed to include installation. Wouldn't be much of an enticement for new buyer to be told oh ya you get this but you have to figure out how to install it.

·
Registered
550 Posts
I would suggest that those dealers are just padding their coffers! ;)

ken6217 said:
I agree, but I heard a couple of dealers say not the labor.
Ken

·
Registered
211 Posts
Yes, those dealers are not being entirely honest. I just bought a new LT and it came with the free comm system, installed. Touring Sport BMW of Greenville, SC, did the install and it took them about 6 hours to complete. That would be quite expensive at their $82.00 per hour rate. The shop foreman told me that BMW allocated them $350.00 to complete the installation, and BMW paid it. Don't know if I would buy the bike from a dealership that would fudge on this because the installation is supposed to be included...Why don't you call Touring Sport and get them to verify the install is included to you, then tell your dealership that you have contacted another dealer who says it is free? Maybe they are just unaware....

·
BMW Guru
8,469 Posts
The memo from BMW specifically states that the dealer is not allowed to charge the customer extra for the labor. BMW NA is giving the dealer $350 towards the install.

The headsets and cords are NOT included. You'll have to buy those and install them or pay for that installation.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts