BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im riding to Franklin Tenn on Tuesday the 11th and will be returning on Thursday or Friday. I cant make it to the RA rally but am wondering about the Franklin area. Anything I should not miss while I am there?

·
Registered
434 Posts
Franklin Tn

The Carter House is the site of a civil war battle late in the war, 9 generals were killed. the house where they were laid out is nearby, and you can go there to.
There's a diarama (sp) in the visitor center which depicts the battle.
It's really quite interesting.
Besides all that, I have family in town!
Dave

·
Registered
46 Posts
Consider a ride on the Natchez Trace Parkway. Beautiful road. Is a Federal Park. No large trucks allowed, only a FEW access roads intersecting into it. Lots of deer and wild turkey especially later in the day. The northern terminus is located in southwest Davidson (Nashville) County on Hwy 100. GREAT breakfasts can be had at The Loveless Cafe just 1 block east of the parkway on Hwy 100 next to the Shell Convience Store. Clement Salvatore has ridden The Trace a couple of times and told of his trips in featured articles in national motorcycle mags. like Rider Magazine. Let me know what you thought. Be safe. EMail to: [email protected]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts